The Code of Canon Law mandates the establishment of a finance council in every parish (Canon #537).
The objectives of Our Lady of Peace’s Finance council are as follows:
- Provide advice and counsel to Father Peter James regarding financial matters;
- Prepare, review, revise and submit annual budgets for approval by Father Peter James;
- Provide advice and counsel to Father Peter James and/or appropriate lay person on capital projects;
- Prepare, review, revise and submit long range financial plan/strategic plan to Father Peter James;
- Keep parishioners informed as to the financial health of Our Lady of Peace;
- Coordinate ALL major fund-raising projects;
- Review job descriptions, salaries and benefits for parish employees in accordance with diocesan guidelines, and;
- Periodically review inventory of parish assets-Consult in “acts of extraordinary administration” such as sale or purchase of property, construction and renovation of parish facilities.
Meetings: Our Lady of Peace Finance Council meets a minimum every quarter throughout the year more often as needed.
Father Peter James (Pastor)
Larry Deats President
Brian Gray Vice President
Kim Linn Secretary
Caroline Bing Board Member
Jan Radosevich Board Member
Larry Proud Board Member
Jill Tegeler Board Member
Kathy Larson Board Member